LAPS IS LOOKING FOR OWNER OF THIS CAT
This grey cat has been frequenting a home close to Hunter Bay dock. It is friendly, has a medium length coat, and appears to be hungry. If you have any information about it’s owner, please contact Lopez Animal Protection Society (LAPS) 360-298-WAGS (9247). If an owner is not located, LAPS will assume it is a stray and in need of a home.
Posted July 10, 2020
HOW TO HELP KEEP YOUR DOG OR CAT SAFE
- Have identification on your dog at all times including a current San Juan County license tag.
- Visiting? Use temporary identification on your dog’s collar (masking tape and sharpie?) and include a local contact phone number.
- Microchip your pets and keep the registration information current.
- Keep a current picture of your dog or cat available.
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR DOG OR CAT IS LOST:
- Contact LAPS by phone (360 298-WAGS (9247)messages are checked frequently) or Jane 360 468-2591) or by email found on the “Contact Us” page on the website for either a dog or cat. You may also contact the Sheriff’s dispatch (360 378-4151) for a dog only.
- Notify neighbors and friends to be on the lookout.
- Post “LOST” flyers with a picture (if possible) around your neighborhood and in the village on information boards.
- Post a notice on LopezRocks (www.lopezrocks.org)
- For a dog only, check the impound kennel at the Sheriff’s substation behind the Fire Hall.
- When found, contact all the people you have alerted to let them know and remove any signs you have posted.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU FIND A DOG OR CAT:
- Contact LAPS by phone (360 298-WAGS (9247) messages are checked frequently) or Jane 468-2591) or by email found on the “Contact Us” page on the website for either a dog or cat. Contact the Sheriff’s dispatch (360 378-4151) for a dog only.
- For a dog: Contain the dog if it can be done safely. Dogs will be kept safely in the Sheriff’s impound kennel and cared for by LAPS until the owner is located.
- LAPS will scan for a microchip and use our database and network of contacts to reunite the dog or cat with its owner.